Tuesday 15 November 2016

MY DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP WON’T COME ON

This situation is one that can get you mad especially for the fact that you turned off your system before going to bed.
I had to watch a movie at bed time on my Dell Inspiron 11, 3000 Series. At the end of that movie, I personally pressed the power button to turn it off, which it did. To my greatest surprise it won’t come on the following day.



I held the power button for 3, 5, 7, 11, 15 seconds. I removed everything that has been attached externally (CD ROM, USB, Power Cable) to the system (Dell Inspiron 11). It won’t come on rather what I see on the screen of my system is the Dell Logo, the screen goes black, the power indicator starts to blink again and again. My system says important updates are available and at the end My Dell Inspiron 11 series never came. I got tired.

What I Did

I got frustrated and tired. I felt I have overworked the system and decided to let it be. I came back to my system the next day and turned it on. It worked despite the fact that it took a long time but it is back to normal.

According to accatech.com when your Dell Inspiron refuse to come on, check for three 3 Major things:
  1. Check for Power supply and Charger: 
    under this, we need to check and be sure that System is receiving power, if not, change the power source.

    Then Check if any lights come on the charger. If no lights, try a different charger.

    Depending also on the type of system, check the front or side of the system for a LED lights which turns on when charging.  
  2. Check for flea power:
    Flea power is the electrical current left in your power supply and to drain it.  One has to remove the Power Code, remove the battery and press the power button for 15-20  seconds
  3. Check for ventilation or overheating: we need to check and make sure that nothing is blocking the vents so the system does not overheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment